Paul E. King
I grew up in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2009 and double majored in English and History. I graduated from Marquette University Law School in 2013. After law school, I passed the Illinois Bar Exam and practiced law in Chicago for seven years. I worked for a well-respected insurance defense firm where I defended first and third-party insurance claims. I defended cases from pre-suit through arbitration and trial and successfully secured the dismissals of several appeals to the First District Appellate Court of Illinois. But I did not go to law school to work for the insurance industry.
After I worked for insurance companies for a few years and learned firsthand how they operated, I decided to switch sides and represent individuals. So, in 2020 I became a plaintiff’s lawyer and joined Plattner Verderame, P.C. My practice centers on representing individuals who have claims for personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice.
I am proud to be a member of the Arizona Association for Justice (formerly the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association) and the American Association for Justice (AAJ). Both are outstanding organizations which are committed to defending individuals’ right to a trial by jury and to America’s justice system.
Outside of work I spend my time with my wife, who was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, and our two young daughters. I enjoy reading, cooking, and playing basketball, although I confess that I’m much better at reading and cooking than I am at basketball.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- 2021: Arizona Supreme Court; US District Court, District of Arizona
- 2018: US District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- 2014: Illinois Supreme Court; US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- 2013: Wisconsin Supreme Court; US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Marquette University Law School
- Juris Doctor – 2013
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of Arts – 2009
- Arizona State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Arizona Association for Justice
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Wisconsin Alumni Association – Valley of the Sun – Board Member
- Wisconsin Alumni Association – Chicago Chapter – Former Vice President