Phoenix Premises Liability Lawyers Fight for the Rights of the Injured
Strong representation when a property owner’s negligence causes injuries
A property owner has a legal duty to maintain safe premises. If an unsafe condition cannot be repaired or has not yet been fixed, the property owner must provide an adequate warning to visitors. In certain situations, this legal duty may even extend to trespassers. Every day, innocent people are seriously injured by the negligent actions of property owners. At Plattner Verderame, P.C., our experienced Phoenix premises liability lawyers help severely injured parties seek the compensation they need for treatment of their injuries. If you were seriously injured on another’s property, contact our office today for a free consultation.
Trustworthy advocacy for premises liability cases
When you visit someone’s property, the last thing you expect is to sustain a life-changing injury. Unfortunately, in the blink of an eye, a property owner’s negligence can cause you serious physical and mental trauma. The following are some examples of premises liability cases routinely handled by our team:
- Negligent security. Certain property owners are required to maintain adequate security for their premises. For example, when you stay at a hotel or visit a nightclub, you want to be safe from incidents like assault, robbery, and rape. When these establishment owners fail to provide an adequate level of security, they may be liable for any injuries you sustain.
- Swimming pool accidents. Swimming pool owners must take measures to secure their premises from uninvited guests, and also protect welcomed guests from harm. Proper fencing and floating devices help promote safety. However, when severe injuries occur, or someone tragically drowns, our knowledgeable Phoenix premises liability attorneys fight for just compensation.
- Slip and falls. Slip and falls (or trip and falls) are common causes of premises liability injuries. When property owners fail to maintain their walkways in an appropriate manner, it can create hazards for visitors, both invited and uninvited. While many of these incidents only result in superficial injuries, others result in severe harm.
- Gun related injuries. Accidental shootings, acts of domestic violence, hunting accidents, even defective guns – any of these could lead to a life-threatening injury caused by a firearm. Whether the injury was caused by an act of negligence by the owner or by a third party, our Phoenix gun accident lawyers may be able to help.
- Resort and tourism injuries. Arizona may be the prettiest place in the country, so our tourism business is thriving. You can sustain serious injuries on our golf courses, at our spas or in hot air balloons, and our team has the skills and experience you need to help you if you are hurt.
- Falling merchandise. When you visit the local grocery for your weekly necessities, you probably do not expect to be hit with falling merchandise. Especially in retail situations, negligent product stacking can create a significant danger for visitors and customers. Falling items can lead to traumatic brain injuries or fractured bones.
- Escalator and elevator injuries. Owners must also ensure that all escalators and elevators located on their property are in proper working order. Defects or glitches can severely injure visitors who unknowingly utilize this equipment.
- Dog bites or attacks. Almost 9,500 people end up in hospitals each year because of dog bites. In Arizona, you have only one year to file a claim for a dog bite or attack if you want strict liability to apply. If you sustain an injury because of a charging dog, you may also be eligible for damages, even if you were not bitten. If your own dog was attacked or injured in some way, you can claim property damages, but it may also be possible to make a claim for emotional losses, as well.
A law firm you can count on to hold all liable parties accountable
Our lawyers have successfully handled countless premises liability claims for injured parties. These laws can be extremely complex, so the assistance of a skillful Phoenix premises liability lawyer is vitally important for a successful outcome. We prepare every case as if it is going to trial. Our extensive preparation makes us better equipped to aggressively negotiate for an adequate settlement.
Qualified representation in Phoenix when you were injured on another’s property
For more than 25 years, Plattner Verderame, P.C. has been fighting for the rights of the injured. Each member of our firm offers the highest level of commitment to those we serve. Severe injuries bring about serious financial challenges, so we fight to secure fair compensation for each and every one of our clients. Call 602-783-8793, toll free at 888-657-3573, or contact us online and talk to an experienced Phoenix premises liability attorney about your legal rights and options.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
- Slip and Fall
- Gun-Related Injuries / Gun Laws
- Negligent Security
- Dog Bites
- Swimming Pool
- Resort and Tourist Injuries
- Hot Air Balloon Injuries
- Skydiving Injuries
- Golf Course Accidents
- Golf Course Worker Injuries
- Civilian Contractor Injuries
“Warm, caring people that go the extra mile. They’ll tell you exactly what the situation is and what to expect. I can’t thank them enough for all of their help!”
– Andrea Sarich, 5.0 rating ★★★★★
316 E Flower St.
Phoenix, AZ 85012