Dependable Phoenix Attorneys Will Hold Responsible Parties Accountable for Swimming Pool Injuries
Make sense of complex cases with knowledgeable Phoenix personal injury and wrongful death lawyers
Swimming pool injuries are unfortunately quite common in Arizona. Due to our hot weather, people can be found swimming during most parts of the year. With wet ground, pool toys and other complicating factors in and around swimming pools, you always want to make sure you’re watching out for safety while also having fun. Swimming pool slips and falls are among some of the most common personal injuries. Arizona had 24 child drownings in 2016, the third-highest number of incidents in the country. From January 1 to May 14, 2018, there were 14 drowning fatalities in Maricopa and Pinal Counties, and 28 water-related incidents.
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., we are experienced and knowledgeable about personal injury and wrongful death claims, and we want to hold all responsible parties accountable for injuries suffered by falls and drownings. When you are looking for an honest Phoenix swimming pool injury lawyer to help determine fault in your swimming pool slip and fall or drowning case, we want to hear from you about what happened and help you figure out who’s responsible. Sometimes the property owner is liable. It’s worth it to find out.
Practicing swimming pool safety in Phoenix may reduce your risk of injury
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 10 people die each day as a result of drowning – and 20% of them are ages 14 and younger. PoolSafely.gov reports that drowning is the leading cause of unintentional death for children between the ages of 1 and 4.
If you own a pool in the state of Arizona, you are legally obligated to create a safe environment for swimmers. You have a responsibility to ensure that all possible precautions have been taken to make the area a fun, but safe place. This can mean having a gated enclosure to separate the pool area from other areas, having the proper equipment installed, employing the right amount of staff and removing anything that could be hazardous as soon as possible. Clear demarcation of unsafe areas should be present, as well.
Slips and falls from swimming pools are quite common in Arizona. At our firm, we assist good people in getting fair compensation for swimming pool-related slip and fall injuries. Our highly capable Phoenix swimming pool injury attorneys want you to be safe around the pool. Here are some ways to make sure you and your loved ones stay safe:
- Wear non-slip shoes. Shoes with grips that are designed for pool use are the best way to get around wet areas. If you have to go barefoot, walk slowly and deliberately.
- Wear floaties. All children should absolutely wear a flotation device, or even a life jacket, until they are extremely competent swimmers. If you’re not a good swimmer, consider flotation devices for yourself as well.
- No diving in unauthorized areas. The water may be shallower than it looks, or slope from deep to shallow more sharply than you can see. Catastrophic head or neck injuries happen when a dive unexpectedly crashes into a hard surface when the diver only expected water.
- Only swim when a lifeguard is present. Make sure your lifeguard knows if you’re a poor swimmer or have children with you.
- If you see something, say something. If you see something unsafe, alert a manager, staff or the pool owner. Also, if you’re heading out to a water park or other pool, make sure to check reviews online for any reports of incidents.
If the absolutely unthinkable happens to a loved one and a loss of life occurs due to negligence, we are prepared to have our highly skilled lawyers represent you in a wrongful death case.
Our lawyers want to help after a swimming pool injury or drowning occurs
Our passionate lawyers possess the litigation skills and education to be a great advocate for you in your Phoenix swimming pool injury or wrongful death by drowning case. We will conduct a thorough investigation of your claim to determine responsibility, and none of this will cost you money unless you win your case. Pool owner or management negligence is the cause of many unfortunate slip and fall injuries, but not all of them. Our dependable Phoenix swimming pool injury attorneys know the difference between negligence and appropriate safety precautions at the pool. Slips, falls and even drownings could be caused by a number of factors, and we will conduct an honest investigation into responsibility.
As experienced attorneys, we know where and how to look for the evidence to prove that you aren’t at fault for your swimming pool slip and fall. Time is of the essence here, and as soon as we can conduct an independent investigation, the better. Waiting too long to hire a premises liability attorney can degrade the quality of evidence or change the scene, especially in the case of a fatal drowning accident. You need to take precautions to protect yourself and your loved ones in case of a swimming pool injury.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Gun-Related Injuries / Gun Laws
- Negligent Security
- Dog Bites
- Resort and Tourist Injuries
- Hot Air Balloon Injuries
- Skydiving Injuries
- Golf Course Accidents
- Golf Course Worker Injuries
- Civilian Contractor Injuries
Obtain help from a Phoenix swimming pool injury attorney
When Frank Verderame and Richard Plattner started Plattner Verderame, P.C. in 1991, professional and passionate litigation for honest clients was their goal. We take on swimming pool injury and wrongful death cases as contingency-fee basis, meaning that you don’t owe a dime for having us represent you in court unless we obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf. You don’t pay unless you win. Call us at 602-783-8793, or contact us online today to learn what our team of Arizona Bar Board Certified Specialists in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation can do to help you understand your rights in your swimming pool injury case.
- The Ultimate Guide to Swimming Safety For Kids
- Infographic below from National Council for Home Safety and Security, www.alarms.org