Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyers, Arizona
Honest representation for Maricopa County accident victims and families
Accidents change lives in an instant. One second you’re feeling fine, and the next you’re on the way to the emergency room. You have numerous questions. Will I ever be healthy again? How much medical help will I need just to breathe, let alone work again? Who will pay my medical bills and living expenses? How are my injuries affecting my family? For victims with catastrophic or permanent injuries, these questions can last a lifetime.
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., our lawyers have helped thousands of people obtain justice after being harmed by the negligence of others. We’ve been fighting for injury victims and the families of deceased victims for more than 30 years. Our team of highly skilled and dedicated lawyers includes partners Richard Plattner, Frank Verderame, and Randy Hinsch. The Arizona State Bar has certified each of these talented lawyers as specialists in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, and attorneys Nick Verderame and Paul King are skilled persuasive plaintiff’s lawyers.
How can we help?
- What types of personal injury claims does your Phoenix law firm handle?
- What types of injuries do personal injury victims suffer?
- What are the basic requirements for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Phoenix?
- How much time do I have to file my personal injury claim?
- How much is my personal injury claim worth?
- What steps should I take after I’ve been in a Phoenix accident?
- Do you have a personal injury lawyer near me?
What types of personal injury claims does your Phoenix law firm handle?
Our lawyers represent accident victims and families when a loved one dies in the following types of personal injury cases:
Vehicle accidents. Our lawyers represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicycle riders who are injured in any type of vehicle accident, including those involving road defects and in work zones. We fight for victims of:
Wrongful death claims. When someone else’s negligence is responsible for the death of your loved one, you can seek damages through a wrongful death claim. Partners Richard Plattner, Frank Verderame, and Randy Hinsch are State Bar Board Certified Specialists in Wrongful Death Litigation. We offer compassionate and proactive representation to help you through the process.
Nursing home injuries. When you trust a nursing home with the health and safety of your loved one, you want the best care possible. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse and neglect occurs at an alarming rate. These victims are forced to endure physical assault, verbal abuse, and potentially harmful neglect. Our attorneys believe that the most vulnerable members of our society deserve the highest quality of legal representation. That is why we commit ourselves to holding nursing homes accountable for their negligence and harmful conduct.
Defective products. When you purchase a product, you rightly expect it to work for its stated intention. Yet, defective products injure thousands of people each year. Whether the problem stems from a design defect or a manufacturing error, our knowledgeable team works diligently to identify all responsible parties and hold them accountable for the harm caused to you and your family. Defective products include vehicle parts, medical devices, medications and dangerous products such as talc, electronic products, child products, and work products.
Birth injuries. Our lawyers file medical malpractice claims when the birth delivery doctors and hospitals fail to protect a child and mother. We work with skilled gynecologists, obstetricians, and other birth doctors when your child is born with cerebral palsy, shoulder dystocia, developmental delays, and other injuries that may last your child’s lifetime.
Aviation accidents. The investigation of an aircraft accident can be extremely challenging. Government agencies seal off the crash site, restricting access for victims and their representatives. Accidents which occur on privately owned airfields, in charter planes or helicopters, or even in a hot air balloon can be life-threatening. We know how to build a successful case for an injured party. Partner Frank Verderame is a licensed pilot, and has brought significant cases to verdict, including a plane crash near the Grand Canyon that resulted in a $10 million verdict for his client.
Premises liability. Property owners have a duty to maintain their premises in a manner that promotes the safety of visitors. When you are injured on their property, they may be liable for any resulting injuries. Premises liability can be challenging to pursue, so it’s important to secure legal services from a firm with a track record of success in this area of law.
Insurance bad faith. Your insurance company has a professional duty to conduct business with you in a fair and honest manner. Unfortunately, carriers often fail to meet this duty by unjustly denying claims or unreasonably delaying payment. We hold them accountable for the benefits they promise to provide. Don’t try to fight an insurance company without professional legal assistance.
Our attorneys also file:
- Workers’ compensation claims on behalf of employees who suffer a workplace injury or an occupational illness.
- Qui tam/whistleblower claims on behalf of anyone with knowledge of fraudulent billing to governmental agencies such as Medicare and Medicaid.
- Sexual abuse and assault claims to help the victims obtain counseling, and by filing claims against the wrongdoers and people who had a responsibility to protect you and failed that duty.
- Police brutality claims when law enforcement uses excessive force and fails to protect your due process rights and other Constitutional rights.
We file claims based on negligence, strict liability, and breach of warranty. The liable defendants may include drivers, vehicle owners, trucking companies, property owners, nursing homes, and physicians. In some cases, other entities such as the government or a tavern that sells alcohol may be liable. We work to file claims against everyone who caused your accident.
What types of injuries do personal injury victims suffer?
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., our Phoenix and Tempe lawyers represent accident victims who suffer any type of serious injuries. We work with your doctors to verify what injuries you have, what medical care you need, the cost of the medical care, and all the ways your injuries are making your life difficult or impossible. We represent victims who have:
- Catastrophic injuries. Some injuries are so severe that they can change your life forever. When such an injury occurs, the lives of the victim’s family members are significantly altered, too. Traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic amputations can leave you with the inability to perform simple tasks and bodily functions, and a lifetime of physical and emotional pain. When these catastrophic injuries affect your life, or the life of a loved one, trust our Phoenix catastrophic injury lawyers to fight for just and fair compensation.
- Burn injuries. Severe burn injuries are extremely painful, requiring months and even years of treatment and expensive medical care. With our burn injury attorneys in your corner, you can focus on healing, while we focus on securing the compensation your injuries deserve. From fires to gas explosions, we have the resources to investigate your injuries and put forward an aggressive case.
- Industrial harm injuries. Industrial sites can be extremely dangerous for workers. This is particularly true when site owners and managers fail to exercise appropriate industry standards. Preparation is key to success in these cases. Our attorneys have the knowledge and skill to make your case trial-ready, which strengthens the likelihood of obtaining a high-value settlement.
- Permanent injuries. Many Phoenix accident victims suffer injuries that never fully heal. Our personal injury lawyers fight for victims who have back and neck injuries, chronic pain injuries, permanent scarring and disfigurement, and birth injuries.
We also represent accident victims who suffer broken bones, vision loss, hearing loss, internal organ damage, and many other types of injuries.
What are the basic requirements for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Phoenix?
A personal injury claim is a civil lawsuit in which an accident victim files a claim against the people or businesses that caused the accident. The core requirements of a personal injury claim are:
- Someone must owe you a duty of care. For example, motorists owe everyone else on the road a duty to drive safely. Property owners owe the people they give permission to enter their property a duty to ensure the premises are safe. Nursing homes owe a duty to protect their residents from harm. Doctors owe patients a duty to provide competent medical advice and treatments.
- There must be a breach of this duty of care. For example, a car driver breaches his/her duty by speeding or driving while distracted. Property owners breach their duty of care by failing to warn customers of broken railings or by failing to clean up wet surfaces.
- The breach of the duty of care must be the proximate cause of injuries or death. The accident must be the cause of your injuries. You can file a personal injury claim if you slip and fall while at a restaurant and then break your arm, or if a speeding driver causes your head to strike the dashboard causing a traumatic brain injury. You cannot file a claim for injuries you already had prior to the accident unless the accident worsens those injuries.
- A victim must have injuries or losses. You must suffer injuries due to the accident. You can seek damages for your physical injuries and any emotional injuries that accompany those physical injuries.
Our skilled Phoenix and Tempe personal injury lawyers understand these core requirements, and what evidence is needed to support them. We work with investigators, product safety experts, your doctors, and many others (when necessary) to prove you have a strong personal injury claim.
How much time do I have to file my personal injury claim?
Generally, Arizona allows two years to file a personal injury claim. There are some exceptions that require a lawsuit to be filed earlier. The best course of action after an accident in or near Phoenix is to contact our lawyers as soon as possible. We’ll promptly investigate the accident site and speak to witnesses when the site and memories of the witnesses are fresh. We’ll review your medical condition to help ensure you are getting the care you need.
How much is my personal injury claim worth?
Each person’s case is unique. Our lawyers pay attention to all the small details, such as each time you visit with a physical therapist, to build the strongest damage claim possible. We prepare formal demand letters to insurance companies. Many cases do settle, but when insurance companies fail to offer to pay fairly for your damages, we are always ready to try your case in court.
Our Phoenix personal injury lawyers demand compensation for all your economic and personal damages (current and future) including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of life’s pleasures
- Property damage
- All other relevant damages
In egregious cases, we demand punitive damages.
What steps should I take after I’ve been in a Phoenix accident?
There are a few key steps accident victims should take after an accident, including:
- Seeking medical help immediately.
- Taking photos, if possible, of the accident site and your injuries.
- Exchanging necessary information such as a driver’s license number with the police.
- Contacting our skilled personal injury lawyers as soon as possible.
Our lawyers will answer all your questions, prepare your case, negotiate with the insurance adjusters (you should never negotiate on your own), and, if necessary, argue your case before a jury.
Do you have a Phoenix personal injury lawyer near me?
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., we meet clients at our Phoenix office located at 316 E Flower St., Phoenix, AZ 85012. We also have a Tempe office located at 5500 S Lakeshore Dr, Tempe, AZ. Our attorneys can make arrangements to meet clients at their homes or a hospital if they are ill or not mobile.
In the end, whether you’ve sustained serious injuries in a car accident or found your world turned upside down after the wrongful death of your loved one, our team has the resources, the skills, and the experience to represent your best interests. Because we prepare every case as though a trial were imminent, our clients are often offered settlements that are just, fair, and indicative of a true willingness to compromise. Our reputation as aggressive litigators not only helps you in the courtroom – it can help you avoid one, too, if that is what’s best for your future.
Phoenix personal injury lawyers advocating for honest people with honest injuries
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., we handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you owe us nothing unless we obtain a verdict or settlement to compensate for your pain and suffering, as well as required medical care. If you have serious injuries due to an accident, we are a law firm that wants to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Call 602-266-2002 or contact us to speak with a skilled personal injury attorney. Serving Phoenix, Tempe, and Maricopa County.
- High School Cheerleading Can Lead to Catastrophic Injuries
- Dangerous Games: Sports Most Likely to Cause Catastrophic Injuries
"Warm, caring people that go the extra mile. They'll tell you exactly what the situation is and what to expect. I can't thank them enough for all of their help!"
- Andrea Sarich, 5.0 rating ★★★★★
316 E Flower St.
Phoenix, AZ 85012
|Meet the Attorneys||Common Questions||Personal Injury|
|Auto Accidents||Sexual Harassment|