Knowledgeable Phoenix Burn Injury Lawyers Fight for the Rights of Victims
Aggressively advocating for Phoenix burn injury victims
When faced with a burn injury, you are forced to deal with excruciating physical and psychological pain and scarring. Not only must you endure the pain associated with healing, but you must also bear the financial burdens of treatment, even while losing your income if you are unable to return to work.
The compassionate Phoenix burn injury lawyers of Plattner Verderame, P.C. have been advocating for victims of burn injuries for more than 25 years. This valuable experience means that you receive comprehensive representation from lawyers who understand the challenges you are facing. If you or a family member is the victim of a severe burn injury, let our team of compassionate litigators get you the justice you deserve.
Understanding the severity of your burn injury
The severity of a burn injury can vary significantly. The medical community classifies burns into four categories, depending on the intensity of skin penetration:
- First-degree burns. Physicians often refer to these injuries as superficial burns, because they solely affect the outer layers of skin. The burn area may appear red, but there is no blistering. First-degree burns generally heal without any long-term tissue damage.
- Second-degree burns. These injuries damage the outer skin layer. The burn site is typically red, swollen, and blistered. These burns may result in permanent scarring, but they rarely cause extensive, long-term damage or functional impairment.
- Third degree burns. These injuries affect the outer and second layers of the skin. They may even extend down into the innermost layer of the skin. Unlike first- and second-degree injuries, third-degree burn areas appear white or charred. Treatment can take months and additional complications are common.
- Fourth-degree burns. These injuries are the most severe types of burns, causing extensive damage to the bones and muscles. In the majority of cases, a 4th degree burn will lead to the death of the victim.
When developing a case for legal compensation, it is important to have attorneys who understand the severity of your burn injuries. This information directly impacts the amount of treatment you will need, along with the total cost of care. Experienced Phoenix personal injury attorneys understand the suffering caused by a burn injury. At our firm, we have the resources to connect you with the medical providers and support resources you need to deal with the challenges of a life altering burn injury. We then work with these professionals to effectively establish the extent of your injury to fight for adequate compensation.
Seeking compensation from all responsible parties
Severe burn injuries can result from a variety of events, and many are caused by the negligent actions of another individual or company. Our skillful Arizona burn injury lawyers have handled a variety of lawsuits involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Electrical fires
- Construction accidents
- Gas explosions
- Defective products
- Industrial chemical injuries
- Business fires
- Apartment building fires
Using our extensive knowledge and resources, we investigate the specific details of these events to identify any and all negligent parties. Our lawyers then diligently work to establish a case that aggressively seeks compensation for your injuries. Burn injuries, like all injury cases, are handled on a contingency fee basis.
Providing Phoenix burn injury victims with honest representation
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., we approach every case with an unshakable commitment. We pride ourselves on providing top-notch legal representation to every one of our clients. Call 602-266-2002, toll free at 888-657-3573, or contact us to speak to an experienced Phoenix burn injury lawyer about your legal rights, your options, and what our law firm can do to help you get justice.
"Warm, caring people that go the extra mile. They'll tell you exactly what the situation is and what to expect. I can't thank them enough for all of their help!"
- Andrea Sarich, 5.0 rating ★★★★★
316 E Flower St.
Phoenix, AZ 85012