Quality Representation from Arizona Electrocution Injury Attorneys
Fighting for your rights after an electrical burn accident
Electricity is an essential part of everyday life. We depend on it to light our homes at night. We use it to cook meals for our families. Our computers are powered by electricity, along with the cell phones we use to stay in touch with family, friends and loved ones across the country. We rely on electricity so much, in fact, that we often forget what an extremely dangerous and deadly force it can be when handled in a negligent manner.
If you or someone you love has suffered electrical injury, don’t waste precious time before consulting with an experienced Phoenix electrocution injury attorney. Even if you don’t know for a fact whether someone else was to blame for your burn injury, a lawyer can help you to begin uncovering the truth and then guide you through the legal process if you have a case. Trust Plattner Verderame, P.C. to help you.
Types of burns associated with electricity
Electricity causes a lot of heat, and our skin is poorly equipped to handle extreme exposure to it. The Workplace Safety Awareness Council (WSAC) lists three types of burns often associated with electricity:
- Electrical burns: the result of an electric current running through your tissues and organs.
- Arc burns: the result of an arc flash (an explosion or discharge of electrical energy), with temperatures up to 35,000 F.
- Thermal burns: the result of your skin coming in contact with a hot surface.
The WSAC reports that “an exposure of 203 F for just one-tenth of a second... is enough to cause a third-degree burn.”
Even low levels of electricity can lead to injuries. You might experience tingling if you come in contact with up to 3 milliamperes (mA) of electricity, and can experience respiratory paralysis between 30 and 75 mA. At 1.5 amperes, your tissues and organs will burn.
What types of accidents can cause electrical injuries?
Our knowledgeable lawyers understand the complexities of a burn injury case. We advocate for burn injury victims across Phoenix and have successfully represented people electrocuted in various types of accidents, including:
- Power line accidents. These potentially fatal incidents cause a significant risk for electrical workers who often use metal ladders and other equipment in close proximity to power lines. As explained by the Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA), power lines are extremely dangerous due to their high voltage levels. While fatal electrocution is the largest risk, burns and falls from high elevations can also add to the severity of injuries. But workers are not the only ones at risk of injury from power lines. Private citizens can come in contact with power lines that are buried underground.
- Switchgear accidents (transformer explosions). Electric transformers make the electricity produced at power plants usable for individual homes and businesses. When they explode, the resulting injuries can be fatal. While these transformers are usually located away from people, our attorneys have handled cases where individuals were severely injured by a switchgear accident.
- Construction site accidents involving electrical safety violations or third-party negligence. Electrical injuries are a serious workplace hazard, according to OSHA. These accidents typically happen through contact with power lines or transformer explosions. There can be several responsible parties in a construction site electrical injury claims, so these cases can be extremely challenging to handle without guidance from a Phoenix electrical injury lawyer.
- Electrical fires. When electrical systems fail or malfunction, serious fires can result. These incidents are often caused by faulty outlets or appliances, or outdated wiring. Buildings more than 20 years old may not be adequately wired to handle large amounts of modern appliances. This can be especially true in businesses where multiple computers and office-related equipment are plugged in throughout the day and night. When an electrical fire occurs in one of these settings, multiple parties may be liable for resulting injuries.
Where integrity and trial experience pay dividends
With assistance from a skilled Phoenix electrical injury lawyer, you can aggressively fight for the compensation your case deserves. At our firm, we prepare every matter as if it’s going to trial. Though the majority of our cases settle out of court, it is our extensive preparation that brings about these high-value settlement amounts. Our extensive preparation makes us better prepared to aggressively negotiate for the settlement your case deserves.
Severe burn injuries require substantial financial resources. Therefore, we fight to secure fair compensation for electrocution injury victims. We believe our law firm’s success and value is rooted in staying true to our core values. We are committed to:
- Representing honest injuries, honestly.
- Truly caring for the people and families who come to us for help.
- Only accepting cases when serving our clients serves justice.
We carry these values into every aspect of representation, and our efforts have been recognized throughout the legal community. Our peers, including defense and insurance company lawyers, respect the way we run our practice and the effectiveness we’ve shown in the courtroom. In many cases, this combination of assets helps us to obtain satisfying and timely out-of-court results for our clients who have sustained serious electrical burns or other injuries.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
Contact our talented Phoenix electrical injury attorneys for quality assistance with your case
We handle electrical burn cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you won’t owe us anything for your representation unless we obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf. If you’re an honest person with honest electrical burn injuries, we’re a trustworthy law firm that wants to help you. Call Plattner Verderame, P.C. at 602-266-2002 or complete our online contact form today to learn what our team of Arizona Bar Board Certified Specialists in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation can do to get justice for you and your family.