Phoenix Bad Faith Lawyers Hold Insurance Companies Accountable
Fighting against agent negligence and the bad faith actions of insurance companies
If you have ever sought compensation from an insurance company, you know the challenges of this tedious process. Unreasonable delays, withheld information and unjust denials are common occurrences when dealing with many carriers. Since 1991, the experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyers of Plattner Verderame, P.C. have been protecting insured individuals from the bad faith actions of insurance agencies. These years of experience have equipped us with the knowledge and tools necessary to fight for the insurance compensation you deserve. If you were affected by the bad faith actions of an insurance company, contact our office today for a confidential discussion about your case.
Effective representation against the bad faith actions of insurance companies
Every insurance contract includes a stated or implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing. This means that you have the duty to deal with the insurance company in an honest manner, and the insurance company has a duty to deal with you in an honest manner. This includes the insurance carrier’s responsibility to fully compensate legitimate claims in a timely manner.
While not every negative action by an insurance company amounts to bad faith, our attorneys know that these agencies work hard to deny your claim. You need someone on your side who works even harder to hold them responsible for the services they promised to provide. Our aggressive Phoenix bad faith insurance attorneys have successfully dealt with insurance companies in a variety of bad faith actions, including:
- Unreasonable denials. In some cases, the insurance company quickly and unjustly denies compensation under the policy. They may wrongfully assert that the details of the incident fall outside of policy coverage.
- Decreased compensation. This occurs when the company offers a payment that is substantially less than what is reasonable under the terms of the policy. Claims adjustors may attempt to justify this by unreasonably denying certain medical expenses or substantially devaluing property damages in a homeowner’s insurance
- Undue delays. Another common tactic is to unduly delay the claims process. The assigned claims agent may continuously request additional information or refuse to communicate with you.
- Insurance agent negligence. Insurance agents also operate under a duty of care. When they provide customers with incorrect information or fail to file proper paperwork on time, the insurance company may be held responsible for the resulting damages.
Our lawyers work hard to resolve your bad faith insurance disputes by ensuring that your case is ready for court, just in case the need arises. If this route becomes necessary, we can seek compensatory damages, as well as a punitive award (money paid out by the insurance company as punishment for their harmful and negligent acts).
Experienced representation for third-party insurance claims
Although the majority of our practice is dedicated to representing people in disputes with their own insurance companies (also known as first-party claims), our attorneys also routinely handle third-party claims. These cases involve a claim against someone else’s insurance policy, and they often stem from automobile accidents, including uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage disputes, residential injuries and incidents falling under commercial general liability (CGL) policies. For example, if you slip and fall in a grocery store, you may have a third-party claim against the store’s insurance policy.
If you are having difficulty collecting a third-party insurance claim, trust us to advocate on your behalf. With a free initial consultation, our skillful Arizona insurance claims lawyers learn about the particular details of your case, so you know what assistance we can provide up front.
Providing Phoenix residents with honest representation in bad faith actions
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., our lawyers work diligently to secure fair and appropriate compensation for your injuries. We proudly provide skilled representation to the residents of Phoenix and nationwide. Call our Phoenix insurance dispute attorneys today at 602-266-2002. We are also available toll free at 888-657-3573, or you can contact us to discuss your legal options.
"Warm, caring people that go the extra mile. They'll tell you exactly what the situation is and what to expect. I can't thank them enough for all of their help!"
- Andrea Sarich, 5.0 rating ★★★★★
316 E Flower St.
Phoenix, AZ 85012