Phoenix Tour Bus Injury Lawyers
Phoenix bus tour accident attorneys representing visitors and residents in Arizona
A tour bus accident may seem like a rare phenomenon, but motor vehicle crashes of all sizes are fairly common in the United States. If you have been injured in a tour bus accident, our Phoenix injury lawyers can help you file a personal injury suit to receive damages and compensation for your injuries, lost time from work, or other distress.
Since 1991, Plattner Verderame, P.C., has been the law firm you can turn to for honest, practical advice. Three of our partners are Board Certified Specialists in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation by the Arizona Bar Association Board of Legal Specialization. We know what it’s like to get hurt in an accident, and if there was negligence on the part of the bus operator, driver, or equipment, we want to help you recover damages and attempt to right the wrongs of your tour bus injuries. Talk to our bus accident attorneys today.
How can we help?
What are common tour bus companies in Phoenix?
Let’s face it: there’s no place on earth quite like Arizona, and that means we’re a hotbed of tourists all year long. Tour buses are pretty common here, which is great for visitors – and a little “less great” for those of us who commute in the city. When there’s an accident involving a tour bus, the chances are good that a large number of people can sustain serious injuries. Our firm represents victims of collisions and crashes involving companies like:
- American Transporter Service
- Tour West America
- Arizona Corporate Coach
- SouthWest Charter
- Real London Bus Company
- Arrow Stage Lines
- Gogo Charter Bus
- Ryan’s Express
- Prompt Bus Charters
- Gray Line Tours
- Detours Arizona
- Phoenix Rising Tours
- Pink Adventure Tours
- Across Arizona Tours
- Arizona Scenic Tours
What is acceptable tour bus operator behavior?
Equipment failures, other vehicles, and many other hazards could cause a tour bus wreck, but your bus driver is required to maintain the rules of safety. If there is any failure on the bus driver or company’s part to uphold certain standards that then cause a wreck, that is a form of negligence, and you have legal recourse if you’ve been injured. Proper and responsible bus driver or tour bus operator behavior includes:
- Not starting or stopping the bus suddenly
- Ensuring that the bus has enough room to turn safely while also sharing the road
- Refrain from driving over sidewalks or hitting pedestrians or patrons
- Dropping passengers off at a safe location
- Following all traffic laws, which includes not speeding or driving recklessly
- Machinery checks as needed
- Not working overtime or while overly tired
- Maintaining weight requirements on the bus
Tour buses, like city buses or charter buses, are considered common carriers. As such, they must abide by strict rules and regulations at the state and federal levels when it comes to the safety of their passengers. If you sustain an injury, or if your loved one is killed, you should seek legal counsel right away.
Why you want an experienced team of Phoenix attorneys on your side
We take pride in the fact that our clients work directly with our knowledgeable Phoenix tour bus injury attorneys. If you were a tourist on the bus or another driver who was hit by a tour bus, we can help you gather evidence and prove negligence, and we will work with you through the duration of your case. As a team, we guide you through your legal options for seeking fair compensation and keep you updated on developments in your case as they arise. Most cases like this settle, and because our firm is known for its aggressive and professional litigators, it is likely the tour bus company, operator or other responsible party will prefer a settlement over a trial. Our reputation for high-quality legal work for honest clients with real injuries means that we settle most of our cases outside of the courtroom.
Arizona’s legal community is well aware of our standard of legal work, and people know we only take on cases of people who deserve restitution. We will fight aggressively for your damages to be fully recovered, including but not limited to:
- Hospital bills
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering
It’s our goal that you will use the full spectrum of your rights to advocate for yourself so that we can represent you. You are worth it, and we can help. It’s in your best interest to seek medical care as soon as possible after your bus injury. At the scene of the accident, the bus operator or staff should ideally be in charge of seeing that you get evaluated by a paramedic or taken to the hospital for help with injuries sustained.
Who is liable for my Phoenix tour bus accident?
Determining liability in a Phoenix tour bus accident can be a complex process, as it depends on various factors, including the circumstances of the accident, the parties involved, and applicable laws. Liability may fall on one or more of the following parties:
- Bus company. The tour bus company may be liable if the accident resulted from the bus driver's negligence or if the company failed to properly maintain and inspect the bus. If the company employed the driver, they could also be responsible for the driver's actions.
- Bus driver. If the bus driver's actions or negligence caused the accident, they may be held personally liable. Common causes of driver negligence include distracted driving, speeding, driving under the influence, or failing to follow traffic laws.
- Other motorists. Liability may also rest with other drivers or vehicles involved in the accident. If another driver's reckless behavior, such as running a red light or rear-ending the bus, caused the accident, they could be at fault.
- Manufacturer or maintenance provider. If the accident was caused by a mechanical failure or defective part on the tour bus, the manufacturer or a maintenance provider may be held liable.
- Government entities. If poor road conditions or inadequate signage contributed to the accident, a government entity responsible for road maintenance may be liable. However, suing a government entity often involves special procedures and limitations.
- Tour organizer or booking agency. If the tour was organized by a third party, such as a travel agency or tour organizer, and they failed to properly vet the bus company or ensure passenger safety, they might share liability.
Do you have a Phoenix tour bus injury attorney near me?
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., we meet clients at our Phoenix office located at 316 E Flower St., Phoenix, AZ 85012. We also have a Tempe office located at 5500 S Lakeshore Dr, Tempe, AZ. Our attorneys can make arrangements to meet clients at their homes or a hospital if they are ill or not mobile.
Confidentially contact our Phoenix tour bus personal injury attorneys without delay
The skilled Phoenix personal injury lawyers at Plattner Verderame, P.C. can help you discern who the responsible party or parties are for any injuries you have incurred in a tour bus accident. We take complex legal claims – like commercial vehicles and tour buses – and translate them into plain language for our clients. Call us today or complete our contact form. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t owe us a thing unless we obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf.