Phoenix Helicopter Accident Attorneys
Experienced Phoenix injury lawyers on your side after a helicopter crash in Arizona
Helicopter crashes can be devastating, both physically and emotionally. If you or a loved one has been injured in a helicopter crash, you may be facing significant medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. You may also be struggling to cope with the emotional trauma of the crash. Our Phoenix helicopter crash lawyers can help.
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., our attorneys understand helicopter accidents. We have a deep knowledge of the complexities involved in these incidents, including the technical aspects of helicopter operations, relevant federal regulations, and any unique legal considerations that might apply. If you or a family member has been affected by a helicopter crash, we are here to advocate for your rights and help you through this challenging time. Our goal is to provide you with the legal support and representation you need to seek the compensation and closure you deserve. Get in touch with our mass transport accident attorneys today.
In one of our cases, we secured $5.1 million for a client involved in a helicopter accident.
How can we help?
How many helicopter accidents happen each year?
Gitnux reports 92 helicopter accidents in the United States, with 31 of them fatal. They also note, “This statistic is a stark reminder of the dangers of helicopter travel. It highlights the fact that, despite the many safety measures in place, helicopter accidents can still occur, with potentially devastating consequences. It serves as a warning to those considering taking a helicopter flight, and emphasizes the importance of taking all necessary precautions to ensure a safe journey.”
Why do helicopter crashes happen?
Helicopter crashes can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Pilot error. Pilot error is the most common cause of helicopter crashes. Pilots can make mistakes for a variety of reasons, such as fatigue, distraction, or poor judgment.
- Mechanical failure. Mechanical failure can also cause helicopter crashes. Helicopters are complex machines, and many things can go wrong. For example, an engine failure, rotor failure, or hydraulic failure can all lead to a crash.
- Weather conditions. Bad weather can also cause helicopter crashes. Helicopters are more susceptible to wind and turbulence than airplanes, and they can also be difficult to fly in low visibility.
- Other factors. Other factors that can contribute to helicopter crashes include air traffic control errors, maintenance errors, or even sabotage.
It is important to note that helicopter crashes are relatively rare. However, when they do happen, they can be very serious. Helicopters are often flying at low altitudes, so there is less time to react in the event of an emergency.
What are common injuries from helicopter crashes?
Helicopter crashes can result in a wide range of injuries, from minor to severe. Some of the most common types of injuries in helicopter crashes include:
- Brain injuries. Head and brain injuries are very common in helicopter crashes, as the head is often the first part of the body to come into contact with the ground or other objects in the event of a crash. Head injuries can range from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries can also be common in helicopter crashes, as the spine can be crushed or damaged by the force of the impact. Spinal cord injuries can lead to paralysis and other serious problems.
- Broken bones. Broken bones are also common in helicopter crashes, as the body can be thrown around and subjected to extreme forces. Broken bones can range from minor fractures to severe breaks that require surgery.
- Burns. Burns are also common in helicopter crashes, as the fuel and other materials on the helicopter can ignite. Burns can be very serious and can require extensive medical treatment.
- Internal injuries. Internal injuries can also occur in helicopter crashes, as the organs can be damaged by the force of the impact. Internal injuries can be very serious and can be life-threatening.
In addition to physical injuries, helicopter crashes can also lead to emotional trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD is a common mental health condition that can develop after a person experiences a traumatic event, such as a helicopter crash. PTSD can cause a variety of symptoms, such as anxiety, depression, nightmares, and flashbacks.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a helicopter crash, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Even if your injuries seem minor, it is important to have them evaluated by a doctor. You should also contact an experienced Phoenix helicopter accident attorney to discuss your legal rights and options.
Who is liable for my Phoenix helicopter crash?
The party liable for your helicopter crash and injuries will depend on the specific circumstances of the crash. However, some of the most common parties that may be liable include:
- Pilot. The pilot is ultimately responsible for the safe operation of the helicopter. If the pilot made a mistake that caused the crash, they may be liable.
- Helicopter company. The helicopter company is responsible for maintaining the helicopter and ensuring that it is safe to fly. If the helicopter was not properly maintained or if the company failed to follow safety procedures, they may be liable.
- Manufacturer. If the helicopter crash was caused by a defective part or manufacturing error, the manufacturer may be liable.
- Air traffic control. If the air traffic controller made a mistake that caused the crash, they may be liable.
- Government agency. If the helicopter crash was caused by the negligence of a government agency, such as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the government may be liable.
To determine who is liable for your Phoenix helicopter crash, you will need to have a thorough investigation conducted by an experienced aviation attorney. Your attorney will gather evidence and interview witnesses to determine the cause of the crash and identify the responsible parties.
Do you have a Phoenix helicopter accident attorney near me?
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., we meet clients at our Phoenix office located at 316 E Flower St., Phoenix, AZ 85012. We also have a Tempe office located at 5500 S Lakeshore Dr, Tempe, AZ. Our attorneys can make arrangements to meet clients at their homes or a hospital if they are ill or not mobile.
Confidentially contact a Phoenix helicopter accident attorney at our firm
As soon as you have dealt with the medical fallout from your aviation accident, please don’t hesitate to call Plattner Verderame, P.C. Each of our three partners is certified as a Specialist in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation by the Arizona Bar Association Board of Legal Specialization, and we take great pride in offering this higher standard of advocacy. Additionally, we only charge our aviation accident cases on a contingency fee basis. You will not owe a dime unless we obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf. Call or contact our offices to discuss your claim.