Nick Verderame was born in Phoenix. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Maryland in 2008, with a major in broadcast journalism and a minor in Sports, Commerce and Culture. After working for CBS Network News and ESPN, he graduated from law school with his Juris Doctor from the University of Arizona in 2013. After working for two of the United States’ largest law firms, Nick came to Plattner Verderame, P.C. in 2016 to represent individuals who are injured and need assistance in their pursuit of justice and just compensation. His practice focus is wrongful death, personal injury, and medical malpractice, and he has published articles on the topic of sports-related concussions for publication nationally.
Nick is a member of the State Bar of Arizona, the Arizona Association for Justice (formerly the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association) and the American Association for Justice (AAJ). He currently serves on the AAJ’s Political Action Task Force and its Oversight Committee, and on the Board of Governors for Revitalization in Arizona. He also serves on the Convention Planning Committee. Nick is the current Chair of the Arizona Association for Justice’s Learn at Lunch group, which hosts CLE presentation events throughout the state. He also serves on the Legislative Committee, which works during the Arizona Legislative session to identify, strengthen, and support bills designed to improve the civil justice system.
When Nick is not in the office or working to revitalize the legal community, you will probably find him with a whistle around his neck, coaching his son in soccer, baseball, or basketball. He also enjoys traveling with his family.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- Juris Doctor – 2013
- University of Maryland
- Bachelor of Arts – 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Arizona Association for Justice, Member
- Learn at Lunch group, Chair
- Legislative Committee, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Political Action Task Fore
- Revitalization Board of Governors for Arizona
- Oversight Committee
- Convention Planning Committee
- Sports Lawyers Association, Member
- Arizona Rising Young Professionals (AZRYP), Member
- American Society of Legal Advocates
Presentations and Lectures
- CLE presentation, “How Pre-Filing Investigations Can Make Everything Easier,” Arizona Association for Justice’s Learn at Lunch event in Phoenix, AZ
- CLE presentation, “Personal Injury Pitfalls for the General Practitioner,” Coconino County Bar Association in Flagstaff, AZ
- Safety talks at various schools, EndDD.org
- AAJ Convention moderator, “Advocacy Track: Connect the Dots: Theming and Presenting Your Client's Story CLE Program sponsored by medQuest,” New Orleans, LA
- Lambda Chi Alpha, Epsilon Pi Zeta – High Alpha, 2007
"Warm, caring people that go the extra mile. They'll tell you exactly what the situation is and what to expect. I can't thank them enough for all of their help!"
- Andrea Sarich, 5.0 rating ★★★★★