Trustworthy Representation from Skilled Phoenix DUI Truck Accident Lawyers
High-quality legal services when a drunk trucker causes a crash
When drivers operate their vehicles under the influence of alcohol, they put everyone on the roadway at risk. These dangers are even more prevalent when the vehicle in question is an extremely large tractor-trailer truck. Commercial drivers have a duty to operate their trucks in a manner that does not jeopardize the safety of other drivers on the highways. Driving under the influence (DUI) is an appalling breach of this duty that can lead to severe and even fatal injuries.
When these tragedies occur, our skilled Phoenix truck accident lawyers work hard to secure compensation for our clients. With decades of experience, we have the knowledge and resources to earnestly fight for your rights, whether in the conference room or the courtroom. The attorneys of Plattner Verderame, P.C. commit to identifying the party or parties responsible for your injuries and holding them accountable.
DUI trucking accidents cause severe injuries
The size and weight of a commercial vehicle makes it particularly harmful when involved in a DUI-related truck accident. Some of the most common injuries our lawyers have seen include:
- Broken bones. Commercial trucks are large and powerful. When they collide with another vehicle, the violent impact can result in fractures and broken bones.
- Head and brain injuries. Injuries to the brain can occur when a truck accident causes a person’s head to bump against a hard surface. The force of the collision can also cause the head to jerk, causing the brain to move around inside of the skull.
- Spinal cord injuries. The vulnerability of the spine makes it particularly susceptible to serious injuries. A spinal injury may cause chronic pain, as well as partial or complete paralysis.
- Seat belt injuries. Though seat belts are meant to save lives, they can also cause injuries during a serious truck crash. The restrictive nature of the belt can cause abdominal pains, intestinal complications and bone fractures.
- The impact of a truck crash can send glass and other materials flying into a victim’s car. These foreign objects can cause serious lacerations and disfiguring cuts.
- Burns. DUI-related truck injuries can often involve high speeds and reckless driving behaviors. These types of accidents can cause explosions and result in severe burns.
Proving liability for injuries caused by impaired truck drivers
Our lawyers have seen the atrocities that an impaired truck driver can cause. This reckless behavior may lead to multiple deaths and severe injuries. When these injuries occur, the most obvious responsible party is the impaired truck driver. However, under certain circumstances, the driver’s employer may also hold some liability for the resulting injuries. Under a legal theory called “vicarious liability,” an employer may be held responsible for the wrongful actions of a worker while performing their employment duties. If this theory proves applicable to the facts of your case, the driver’s company may hold some responsibility for injuries resulting from the DUI.
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., you will find skilled attorneys who truly care about the well-being of each and every client. We provide honest representation for real victims of serious injuries. When you work with us, you get representation from a law firm where every partner is certified by the Arizona State Bar as Specialists in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation. We know how to fight for you and hold responsible parties accountable for their actions.
Though many of our cases end with successful settlements, we also ensure that your case is ready for trial should the need arise. The vast experience of our knowledgeable Phoenix truck accident attorneys has shown us that defendants and insurance companies are more willing to settle when they know that the plaintiff’s attorney is ready and willing to present a comprehensive case within a court of law.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys handle a variety of accident cases, including:
- Truck Accidents
- Rollovers and Tire-Tread Separation
- Distracted Driver
- Overloaded Trucks
- Inadequate Maintenance, Inspection and Training
Contact us today after an accident caused by a drunk truck driver in Phoenix
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., we handle truck crash matters on a contingency basis. We take care of the upfront legal costs, so you can focus on healing. You don’t pay us anything until we secure a settlement or verdict on your behalf. Our experienced Phoenix DUI truck injury lawyers believe that responsible parties should be held accountable for the harm they cause. Call us today at 602-266-2002, or complete our contact form.