Phoenix Birth Injury Attorneys Fight for Your Family’s Rights
Providing legal services to the victims of birth injuries
You’ve spent nine months or more waiting to welcome your new baby into the world. You’ve decorated the nursery and installed the car seat in anticipation of your child’s grand entrance. Unfortunately, for many families, that joy and happiness ends abruptly when an act of negligence results in a tragic loss or severe injury. These incidents can affect the mother as well as the baby, and when they occur, you need the help of an experienced Phoenix birth injury attorney to walk you and your family through the legal claims process.
At Plattner Verderame, P.C., we care about our clients and understand the pain that a birth injury causes. We have helped numerous families secure the compensation they need to provide an injured child with necessary medical treatment for a long and happy life. We understand that you may be hesitant to initiate a claim in hopes of protecting your family from the harshness of a legal proceeding. But, with our lawyers on your side, you are represented by someone who honestly cares about the wellbeing of you and your family.
Experienced representation for a variety of birth injury cases
Our skilled Phoenix birth injury attorneys have helped families secure compensation for the following types of catastrophic injuries:
- Developmental delays. Birthing injuries can cut off oxygen to the baby’s developing brain. When this occurs, the newborn may experience intellectual disabilities that require a lifetime of therapy and living assistance.
- Hematomas and head injuries. A newborn may experience internal bleeding between the skull and the skin of the head. This injury often results from prolonged labor or large-sized heads. This condition can worsen into jaundice and permanently damage the brain.
- Cerebral ischemia. Lack of blood flow to the brain can cause its cells to die. Infections and maternal medications of the mother can lead to this condition, which can prevent the development of certain brain functions, like loss of memory, muscle weakness and urinary incontinence.
- Shoulder dystocia. Difficult births can result in injury to the nerves of the baby’s shoulder. This injury presents as partial or total paralysis of the shoulder, arm and hand. While many of these injuries are temporary, some cases are permanent, causing psychological and physical pain for the child.
- Cerebral palsy. Oxygen deprivation and trauma during delivery can lead to cerebral palsy. While this condition presents as impaired movement, it also affects the development of the baby’s brain. The most catastrophic cases can rob your baby of his or her communication abilities or the ability to perform common tasks like sitting or walking independently.
Each of these injuries can have lifelong implications for the injured child and their family. The most severely injured children may never experience independent living, instead relying on medical devices and nurses for even their most basic needs. This level of treatment is extremely costly, and our highly skilled Phoenix catastrophic injury lawyers know how to mount a case that secures the level of compensation you need to adequately care for your child.
Trusted legal services for injured mothers
When mothers are injured during the birthing process, it often stems from a condition that developed during the pregnancy. That’s why regular maternal checkups are so important; tests can identify potential problems and adequate treatment can begin for the protection of the mother and her developing baby. As reported by the Centers for Disease Control, more than 600 women die in America during childbirth each year. Thousands more experience severe injuries that require extensive treatments and medical care. At our firm, we promote the wellbeing of your entire family by fighting for injured mothers and babies.
Our honest Phoenix birth injury attorneys will not move forward with any catastrophic injury case unless we are sure that an honest injury has occurred. To assist in this process, we solicit the help of qualified healthcare professionals to review our potential catastrophic injury cases before bringing the claim. We pride ourselves on seeking justice for honest people who have been affected by life-changing injuries.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Back and Neck Injury
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Injuries from Chronic Pain Management
- Permanent Scarring and Disfigurement
Contact experienced Phoenix birth injury lawyers
The effect of a birth injury on a family can be extremely painful and financially challenging. Whether you are dealing with the death of a mother or the permanent injury of a child, families are left to provide a lifetime of care and support. At Plattner Verderame, P.C., we seek to lessen some of the burden by offering our legal services on a contingency basis. We take care of all up-front costs, and you don’t pay us unless we secure a settlement or verdict on your behalf. If your family has been affected by a birth injury, call us at 602-783-8793, or complete our contact form today.