Phoenix Construction Vehicle Accident Lawyers on Your Side
Providing aggressive legal representation after a worksite vehicle crash
Road construction is an ever-present, year-round reality across Arizona, and some of the most severe car accidents occur in or near construction zones. Almost any collision with a dump truck, backhoe or other industrial vehicle is apt to be serious, but determining causes and accountability is often a complex challenge.
Quickly getting a proven law firm involved is the best way to protect your right to financial compensation. At Plattner Verderame, P.C., you will work directly with knowledgeable Phoenix construction vehicle accident attorneys who have a clear mission to help victims and their families recover to the fullest possible extent. When we take action, it is about applying the law to help you put your life back together, rather than building our resumes or egos.
The causes of construction vehicle accidents
Chances are that construction vehicles are considerably larger and heavier than the car you drive on the streets of Arizona each day. Add in risks such as heavy loads, neglectful operation or defective safety equipment, and you have a recipe for severe injuries and tragic fatalities. These accidents may involve a variety of construction vehicles, including:
- Cement trucks
- Front-end loaders
- Road graders
Our experienced Phoenix construction vehicle accident attorneys have helped numerous victims and families who have been impacted by the negligent actions of a construction vehicle owner or operator. We understand the challenges of these cases, so we utilize all of our resources to accurately determine the cause of injury and identify all responsible parties. In our years of experience, we have seen construction accidents that resulted from the following:
- Negligent operation. When construction vehicle drivers fail to operate these risky vehicles in a reasonably safe manner, they place you and your passengers in serious danger. Circumstances like fatigue, distracted driving or substance abuse may all play a role in causing your injuries. Inclement weather can be a factor, particularly when construction vehicle operators fail to take proper precautions. These heavy vehicles require adequate room for maneuvering the roadways and proper braking distance. Though wet streets can complicate the driving conditions, it is still up to the driver to operate the vehicle safely.
- Improper hauling. Construction vehicles often haul equipment and materials needed for the work they are completing. When these items are improperly loaded onto the truck, they can become unstable, causing the vehicle to topple over onto other cars on the roadway. Another tragic scenario involves unsecured material flying off of the truck. These items can become dangerous projectiles to other vehicles on the roadway, leading to severe injuries or death.
- Improper vehicle maintenance. Failure of the truck to operate correctly is another common cause of construction vehicle accidents. Problems like defective tires, faulty brakes or broken warning devices often cause tragic accidents. Trucking companies and operators are required to properly inspect their construction vehicles on a regular basis and make necessary repairs before placing a truck back into service. Unfortunately for those of us on the roadways with these trucks, these regulations often go ignored and unsafe construction vehicles are allowed to continue operating in spite of their mechanical issues.
- Negligent trucking company. When driver error occurs in the course of employment, the trucking company may also share some responsibility for your resulting injuries. This is especially true when the company fails to institute proper safety procedures in its hiring and management processes. A trucking company may also be liable for the inadequate maintenance of a construction vehicle, which can lead to fatal highway disasters.
Exposing accident causes and targeting just outcomes
Our experience as Phoenix construction vehicle accident attorneys well-equips us to investigate and evaluate your injury claim. We can provide sound guidance on the validity and value of your case, which includes:
- Determining whether a construction zone was improperly set up, inadequately marked or posed other dangers.
- Identifying all commercial and/or government entities accountable for negligence that caused or contributed to the crash.
- Applying knowledge of state and federal regulations that may be relevant to your claim.
- Thoroughly assessing the immediate and long-term damage to your life, including costs of rehabilitation and adaptive equipment if needed, in order to seek a just settlement or verdict in your case.
Our lawyers frequently call upon a strong network of experts in accident reconstruction and other relevant fields. We build valid cases on facts, extending our reputation for integrity that has earned the respect of insurance companies, opposing counsel and court officials. Your well-being and restored sense of control are key objectives, and we stay responsive to our clients every step of the way.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
- Industrial Harms
- OSHA Violations
- Construction Site Accidents
- Bystander/ Site Visitor Injuries
- Chemical Exposure-Related Birth Defects
Call us today to speak to a Phoenix construction vehicle accident lawyer
When you work with our firm, you work with dedicated lawyers who have earned distinctions held by less than two percent of all Arizona attorneys. Richard Plattner, Frank Verderame and Randy Hinsch have each been certified by the Arizona State Bar as Specialists in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation. Call us at 602-783-8793, or complete our contact form today.