Skip to content

What Can I Do if I’m a Victim of Sexual Abuse?

If you or someone you love is a victim of sexual abuse, the very first thing you should do is to call the police. This will enable them to quickly gather evidence and put the information together to help substantiate your claim. It may also help them to apprehend the criminal who did this to you and get you some measure of justice.

Also, you should contact an attorney. That should be your second call, because that attorney will help you get a measure of justice. That attorney will be able to direct you to doctors and counselors to help you deal with the situation because the consequence of this horrible injury will last for a lifetime.

At Plattner Verderame we have had a lot of experience with these cases: suing priests who were pedophiles, suing teachers who were pedophiles, suing various entities because sexual abuse happens in all kinds of places including the workplace. If you or someone you love has been sexually abused, please don’t hesitate to call us at 602-266-2002. We are located in Phoenix, and represent clients throughout Arizona.

Related Articles