Dependable Trial Lawyers for Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Victims
Protecting the rights of the most vulnerable drivers on Arizona roadways
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the number of motorcycle deaths, per mile, was 27 times that of car deaths nationally. No matter the type of motorcycle you’re riding—Kawasaki, Suzuki, Harley-Davidson, Yamaha, or another brand—motorcycles are less stable than four-wheeled vehicles. Riders who are in a motorcycle crash usually fall directly to the hard ground with no hood, front, or rear of the vehicle to protect them.
The Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers at Plattner Verderame, P.C. have been fighting for honest people with honest injuries since 1991. One of our team of Arizona Board Certified Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Specialists is a lawyer who rides, so we understand what it is like to face judgment from non-motorcyclists. Our lawyers demand payment for the long-term physical pain and emotional suffering of survivors, all necessary medical bills, and any lost wages. When a tragic fatality occurs, we care for the family of the victim by guiding them gently through the wrongful death claim process while remaining sensitive to their grief and mourning process.
Liability for motorcycle accidents
Motorcycle accidents can cause death, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, paralysis, broken bones, lower leg injuries, and other serious health problems, many of which can cause a lifetime of pain.
Our lawyers seek to hold everyone involved in causing the accident responsible for every injury suffered, including death. We bring claims against the following parties if they are responsible for the motorcycle crash:
- The driver of the car, truck, or another motorcycle
- The owners of the vehicle that caused the crash
- The driver if a passenger was injured
- Manufacturers, distributors, and retailers
- Taverns and restaurants that sold liquor to an intoxicated driver
- Government agencies that failed to properly design or maintain the road
Our Phoenix motorcycle crash lawyers handle cases in both state and federal court. We prepare each case for a jury trial and only settle the case with the consent of the client when the settlement offer is comparable to the likely jury verdict. Our partners have been given the top (AV) rating by Martindale-Hubble, a peer-review rating agency.
Causes of motorcycle accidents
Motorcycle accidents happen for many reasons. Our Phoenix motorcycle accident attorneys handle all types of motorcycle crashes, including:
- Crashes caused by auto and truck drivers. Many car and truck drivers fail to watch for motorcycle riders and don’t treat the motorcycle operator like other four-wheel drivers. This can make it extremely difficult for the motorcycle rider to turn, pass, and navigate through traffic.
- Collisions caused by a product defect. If the brakes fail, the throttle doesn’t engage, or the motorcycle isn’t balanced properly, fatal and serious accidents can occur. The makers and sellers of motorcycles and motorcycle parts must design and manufacturer their products free from defects. If a defect causes harm, these businesses should be held accountable.
- Careless motorcycle operators. Injured passengers of motorcycle drivers have the right to sue the operator if he/she was speeding, ran through a red light, failed to turn properly, or was otherwise negligent.
We investigate the cause of the accident by examining the accident site, speaking with all relevant witnesses, reviewing the police report, analyzing the damage to all vehicles involved, and conducting extensive discovery. In some cases, we work with traffic reconstruction experts to determine the exact cause.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys handle a variety of accident cases, including:
Talk to an honest Phoenix motorcycle injury attorney today
Our lawyers understand the laws that apply to motorcycle riders, including helmet usage, traffic laws, product liability, and more. This extensive knowledge, in combination with our thorough approach to preparing each case, enables us to persuasively argue your case and obtain the maximum result possible on your behalf.
For help now, please contact a Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer at Plattner Verderame, P.C. by calling 602-783-8793 or toll free at 888-657-3573. You can also fill out our contact form to make a free appointment. We take cases on a contingency fee basis and see clients away from the office when necessary.